Before I usually head out to my neighborhood Publix, I try my best to lock in some recipes so I can get my shopping list squared away. As I was searching Pinterest for healthy recipes, I found myself completely fascinated (maybe borderline obsessed) with all these quick cooking tutorials of simple and delicious meals. They're plastered all over my Facebook and Instagram feed - and it's addicting. It's like eating chips - you can't just eat one. One video usually leads to me watching about 10 more and I'm just mesmerized by how easy it all looks! Since the new year, my family has been making a conscious effort to eat better and I'm always on the search for recipes that are delicious, yet healthy.
So here's the deal! I'm going to share with you a healthy meal I made and in order for you to be in the drawing for the $25 Publix gift card, I ask you to do the following:
- Share your favorite healthy recipe with me and for all to see! Post it in my comments here or on my
Facebook (@Ceciliaontherun) post! Eating the same thing day in and day out can be boring. We can help each other out with new meal ideas!
- Like my Facebook page and/or follow me on Instagram (@Cecilia_onTheRun)
- Olive oil
- Small, red potatoes (5) halved
- Teriyaki sauce
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- Fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Ginger paste (you can find it in the refrigerated section in the produce aisle)
- 3 salmon filets (with skin removed)
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Cover a large baking sheet in aluminum foil
- Scatter red potatoes on baking sheet and drizzle it with olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, take the salmon filets and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Make your salmon glaze (combine and stir teriyaki sauce, ginger paste, and minced garlic).
- Once 15 minutes are up, take potatoes out of the oven. Push the potatoes to the top of the baking sheet. Place your salmon filets on the baking sheet and spread glaze on both sides of the filets. Place your asparagus on the baking sheet as well and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place in oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!